Wow! Last week I received my first blog-related award, which makes me very excited but also makes me feel really privileged! The One Lovely Blog Award, which came to me from the Tisa, who blogs at Blessings From My Kitchen (for her post about receiving the award herself, a delicious looking doughnut recipe and details of the other people to whom she gave this award, pop over here). Tisa’s blog is beautiful, with great recipe ideas, wonderful photos, and an encouraging thought and Bible verse at the end of every post. Please do go over to Tisa’s blog and have a look – although I love all her posts, I am particularly inspired by her native South Indian recipes. She definitely has one lovely blog!Now, on to the business associated with this award…
Rules of the Award:
1. Display the blog award (check!).
2. Create a link to the site that nominated you (see above…check!).
3. Write 7 random facts about yourself (that is going to be hard, but read on…).
4. Display the links of the blogs you love and pass on the award (I’ve gone for seven, which are below).
7 Random Facts About Me:
1. I would like to feel sophisticated and to pretend I have a great palate that appreicates dark chocolate...but no matter how much I try convince myself, I really do prefer milk chocolate.
2. I’d choose a gammon steak over a real steak most days (unless it comes from an awesome steak place that I went to in New Zealand last year, in which case it would have to be steak…).
3. Forget cocoa (but not always) – I really enjoy hot milk and honey for a relaxing pre-bed drink.
4. My favourite colour is blue.
5. My favourite author is Jane Austen, and my favourite book of hers is Northanger Abbey.
6. I use cup measurements because I am an extremely lazy person, and getting out the scales and doing precise measurements is just too much hard work.
7. Like Tisa, I’m not fully comfortable with social networking, though in my case I’m talking specifically Twitter. I can see the appeal but unfortunately I just can’t think of anything interesting that I think others might like to hear to tweet…so if you ever stumble upon my Twitter account (here), I apologise now that it has nothing but tweets with urls to blog posts. You might as well come straight to this blog!
7 Blogs I Love Reading:
1. For honesty and inspiration to be a God-honouring woman – 4littlefergusons
2. For reflections on being a Proverbs 31 woman today – Above Diamonds
3. For baking ideas – The Better Baker
4. For a Mummy Blog that appeals even to people who are not mummies – dorkymum
5. For an interesting blog with beautiful photography and writing – Lily & Amie
6. For delicious Greek and other food – Seemingly Greek
7. For crowd-pleasing recipes – The Church Cook
Thank you again Tisa, and I hope you all enjoy exploring Tisa’s blog and the seven blogs that I’ve nominated!