Thursday 7 July 2011

Pressed, but not Crushed

I feel like it is not a very easy time at the moment in our household. J has exams coming up, and I’m right up against a deadline to finish the major part of the editing of my PhD thesis. Both of us have found our work set back by persistent low-level colds that only seemed to ease off last week. At the same time, we’re in a bit of a limbo of uncertainty regarding the future and where we’ll end up in the next few months (if anywhere different at all!), which will largely depend on where I get a job and what that job is. Unfortunately, there don’t seem to be many jobs around, and even fewer that really appeal to me. Generally, I’m feeling tired and we’re feeling stressed…

But, I don’t feel that way all the time, and I don’t want this to just be a one-woman pity-post – hence the “pressed, but not crushed” of this post title. There are a lot of Bible verses that are relevant to the time that we’re going through, but what I wanted to share right now is a verse that I seem to keep coming back to – almost the theme verse for the lessons I’m learning in this season of my life: 2 Corinthians 12:9. “But He (the Lord) said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me.” I don’t particularly like times of stress, limbo and uncertainty, but I do know that God uses times like that to teach me lessons and help me become more Christ-like. If you’re going through a hard time right now, I hope that you also know God’s grace, which is sufficient to see you through.

Needless to say, I’ve not had much time to think about other blog posts, so this will also have to serve as an apology for my lack of posting activity. I’ve got at least one or two recipes in mind to tempt your taste buds with next week. ‘Til then, I hope you have a good weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment