Sunday 13 February 2011

Roast Onion Humous

A little while ago, I tried roast onion humous from a supermarket and I really enjoyed it. So, I decided to try making it myself. I’m not sure if I’ve fully got it yet but this is what I came up with…

IMG_7871

You’ll need two onions, roasted, 4 tablespoons of tahini (creamed seasame seeds, available from most supermarkets), 3 tablespoons of olive oil, 11 tablespoons of lemon juice (I should have measured this in cups rather than tablespoons!), 2 garlic cloves, 2 x 410 gram cans of chickpeas, pepper and salt. Chuck everything into a food processor and whizz together – I did this in a couple of batches and then mixed it all together because my processor isn’t big enough. Finally, add a bit of water if the consistency is a bit thick and adjust seasoning according to taste.

No comments:

Post a Comment