Monday 31 August 2009

“Funny Sign Friday” and other new things

I’ve decided I’d like to try extend the currently very limited range of topics that I talk about on this blog and to try post more often. One idea for how to do this was recently presented to me in a series of photos that some family members took, which included a number of funny signs. So, I’m initiating a new series on this blog called “Funny Sign Friday” – every Friday I’ll post one or more funny signs and possibly a little write-up about them too.

I’ve also decided to start writing campsite reviews. I love camping and do so regularly, so I figured, “why not write about that too?” Now before I start doing these reviews I need to lay out some caveats and ground rules. The reviews will probably be posted sporadically, as dictated by the fact that our camping equipment is suitable only for the summer and by the fickle British weather (yes, we are fair-weather campers…). The twist on these reviews is that I’m going to concentrate on the ablution facilities. Why? Well, there are many great expanses of lovely soft grass upon which to place a tent (for free) around Britain, where wild-camping is not illegal. So, I figure all you really pay for when you camp here is the shower and toilets, and so it is upon this basis that campsites should be judged… We don’t have a caravan, or chemical toilet or even fancy cooking equipment, so whilst facilities for these may be important for some people, I’m afraid they just don’t cross my radar enough for me to consider them…or write about them…or even be faintly qualified to comment on them, so I probably won’t. I may also chuck in the odd review of campsites outside Britain (where sometimes wild camping is illegal so the campsite itself becomes a little more important than just the showers) – it all just depends on where I go. I’ll try include photos, but can’t always guarantee these (sometimes the reviews will be for campsites I’ve visited in the past, where I may not have taken pictures).

No comments:

Post a Comment