Friday 17 February 2012

Bad blogger’s update

I’m beginning to think that the blog this year is going to be one long catalogue of the numerous different excuses one can give for not blogging…and like the bad blogger I appear to have become I’m about to give another one of those. But, to keep things rounded, instead of just giving an excuse, I’ll first share a failure…I had the great idea last weekend to follow up my lemon and almond muffins with some lemon and almond biscuits – a proven flavour combination and a way to use up leftover ingredients in one – what could possibly go wrong? Apparently, the taste could and so I sadly share with you what I think is a pretty cool photo of some ‘tasty’ biscuits that actually aren’t that tasty at all…

IMG_4966

…and moving swiftly on to the excuse. Last Sunday afternoon I started getting really bad abdominal pain which stayed with me right through to Monday evening, at which point desperation drove me (well, technically J drove) to the Accident and Emergency department of our local hospital where I was admitted with appendicitis. Thankfully, that organ was evicted from my body on Wednesday and today I get to enjoy sleeping in my own bed for the first time since Sunday. Unfortunately, that unexpected turn of events has left me with little inclination to spend time in the kitchen (or on my feet at all) this weekend so it is extremely improbable that I’ll be posting any recipes this week. I’d like to be able to blog about all the patience that the pain and waiting around this week has taught me but to be honest that’s a lesson I’m still learning. However, I was really encouraged this morning when I read the following verse in a psalm I’d randomly flicked to:

“The Lord sustains them on their sickbed and restores them from their bed of illness.” (Psalm 41:3, NIV)

I know it is easy to put me reading that down to co-incidence but I am grateful for a God who knows what encouragement I need and provides it to me at the right time. Now, if you’ll excuse me, my sickbed is calling…

2 comments:

  1. Oh B I'm sorry to hear that you haven't been well but am glad it has been resolved.
    I'm a pretty bad blogger, try not to feel bad though, people understand that life is busy.
    I love it when a verse so closely matches your needs, indeed He is a loving God.
    I pray you continue to recover well.
    Liz x

    ReplyDelete