Saturday 7 November 2009

Funny Sign Friday (on Saturday)

Well, I’m beginning to think that I should really call this “Funny Sign Day” rather than “Funny Sign Friday” because the only thing that is regular about this series of posts is that it is not posted on Fridays. I must confess that I am also getting ever so slightly worried that I might soon run out of signs…but that’s a problem for another day.

Today’s sign was found beside a weir on a little river in Exmoor in the south west of England. For those who don’t know that would be beside shallow freshwater in an inland area of a country not widely known for its dangerous sea beasts. In all honesty, I suspect that in this case the (freezing) water temperature may be a better deterrent to aspiring swimmers than the vague and highly unlikely possibility of being mauled by killer sharks that this sign might suggest…

image

No comments:

Post a Comment